hsr delivers eQuity
equity & hsr
- Transportation For Everyone - High speed rail is convenient transport available to everyone, unlike highway and car investments that only serve half the population. Half of America is left out and left behind from highway investments because they don't drive (people who are too old, too young, can't afford a car, handicapped, or unable to drive).
- Creates Vast Access to Affordable Communities - High speed rail levels out the hot housing markets by bringing entire affordable towns and cities within short commuting range of job centers, making it easy to find affordable housing with short, comfortable, affordable commutes.
- Creates Vast Access to Opportunities - High speed rail makes it easy to participate in job opportunities, career advancement & training; social, cultural, and sporting activities, new adventures, and more.
- Saves Money - High speed rail makes it easy to save money on both transportation and housing costs, even enabling families to get rid of one or more cars saving the major expense of car ownership.
- Saves Time - High speed rail makes it easy to save the wasted time spent stuck in traffic & airports - time that can be spent with family and friends, personal enrichment, recreation, new adventures and enjoying life.
- Economic Development - High speed rail brings economic development to depressed areas from the new fast access to the entire region. Cities and towns connected by high speed rail prosper in many ways from the direct access to major economic centers.
- Less Noise and Pollution - High speed rail takes cars and trucks off the highways, and planes off runways - reducing both pollution and noise to low-income communities located next to highways and airports.